The following is a list of instructions which will simplify your surgical appointment. Specific arrangements should be made if these instructions cannot be followed.
- You should have NOTHING to eat or drink after midnight prior to the appointment. You may brush your teeth as normal and rinse out your mouth but DO NOT swallow any water. Failure to comply could cause serious risk to your health and life.
- If you take daily medications and Dr. Claussen wants you to take them before surgery, take them with a sip (the minimal amount) of water to get them down.
- Leave all of your jewelry at home.
- Do not wear nail polish.
- Females need to be prepared to give a urine sample upon arrival.
- Loose clothing, short sleeves, and long pants should be worn. DO NOT wear flip flops, heels, or sandals to surgery. Please wear close-toed shoes.
- A responsible adult, who can drive, must accompany you and MUST remain in the office during your surgery. Someone should be with you at home through the evening after the surgery.
- It is advisable not to bring small children to the office.
- Financial arrangements should be made in advance of your surgical appointment.
Please contact our office if you have any questions at 850-215-0798.